Course & Disciplines
The race will start and finish at HQ.
The base disciplines of this year’s race are Trekking, Mountain Biking, Water craft and Navigation. Other adventure disciplines may be incorporated. Competitors can expect between 20 to 30 km of mountain biking, 8 to 15 km trail running/trekking and 3 to 5 km of kayaking. There will be multiple legs of each discipline.
As a competitor in Wild Women you and your team are required to carry a number of mandatory items with you. You are responsible entirely for carrying the appropriate equipment and clothing for the climate, conditions and activities. Random checks of mandatory equipment will occur during the race.
1. Any GPS device. Includes devices that show your position, display maps, distance travelled etc (excludes trackers provided by the organisers).
2. Distance measuring devices. Includes foot pod accelerometers, pedometers etc (cycle computers exempt)
3. Mobile phones, radios, other communications or internet access devices etc (excluding the compulsory emergency phone sealed prior to the race).
4. Maps other than those provided by the organisers (specifically from race start to crossing the finish line. i.e. you may use other maps and information sources for research purposes prior to the start)
1. Once your equipment has been approved at the pre-race equipment checks, it may not be substituted for another piece of equipment without an inspection and approval by the equipment check official.
2. “On Person” items must be carried by each team member at all times. “On Team” items may be spread out amongst team members. These will be checked.
3. Specific permitted items include altimeters and cycle computers without GPS.
4. Any mountain bike towing systems must have a quick release system to reduce the risk of accidents.
5. Manufacturers tags must be left on equipment so officials may inspect the technical specifications.
6. Successful teams carry not the lightest equipment, but that most suited to the course/weather.
7. Competitors are permitted to use their own PFDs if they choose.