What to Bring
You will need to bring a number of items with you on the day of the race.
- You will need a public transport pass to travel through Zones 16-17 to make full use of the buses which are part of the course. You can purchase a ticket on your first bus ride or pre-purchase tickets before the start of the race. You may also have a Go Card topped up and ready for use.
- Food and drink to keep you going during the event. A minimum of 1 litre of water is mandatory for each competitor. This can be carried in a water bottle or hydration backpack.
- A way of protecting your map, which often disintegrates after clutching it in sweaty hands of a few hours (adhesive contact or a zip lock bag are good options).
- Extra clothing as required – jumper or jacket if it is chilly etc.
- Pens and highlighters to plan your route.
- Mobile phone in waterproof bag (multiple zip lock bags should do the trick), one per team.
- Camera capable of taking digital photos (1 per team). Your mobile phone can be used if capable of taking photos.
- Permanent marker pen, one per team.
- $5 per person (for any small shopping items). Entry to all challenges though is covered in your entry fee.
- Signed copy of the event waiver.
Most teams find it useful if at least one person in the team carries a small backpack (they are then known as the “pack horse”). In this you can place the above gear and anything extra you need for the night.
Teams are encouraged to bring a change of clothes for afterwards.