Congratulations and thank you for participating in our Coast Crusade event.
I am not sure what it is, but the Dare You Adventure team seem to attract the rain!
We woke on Saturday morning to a sky that was an endless grey blanket and rain that continued to fall for majority of the morning. However that didn’t stop 24 enthusiastic teams in their pursuit for Coast Crusade glory!
The Yacht Club was buzzing at 8am as teams filtered in for registration and then began plotting their course and ‘cracking’ the cryptic clues! The temporary failure of the helium cylinder stressed some of the DYA team, until ‘Gary Dare’ busted the seal………the “balloon challenge” was not going to be excluded after all!!
9am Race start…..and the inaugural Coast Crusade was alive.
- 11 of you have potential for a start in this year’s Tour de France, crackin’ 50km/hr in the Cycle Zone challenge, whilst 8 teams topped 40km/hr……look out hot pippi’s coffee grind!
- An impressive 23 teams worked out the cryptic clue to Augello’s restaurant and correctly guessed the price of the Pescatore!
- Every team correctly guessed the ice cream flavour at Gelatissimo’s………I’m not sure whether to be impressed or a little concerned with how well people know their ice cream!
- 11 teams willing (?) donated some arm or leg hair; 17 teams challenged their balance on the Stand-Up paddle boards and Yoga class, whilst 14 teams conquered the PT challenge.
- The illusive ‘Gary Dare’ proved to be not so Illusive, as he was found by 18 teams and the balloon challenge was obviously not challenging enough, with 22 teams successfully carrying their balloons the full duration of the course!
We hope that everyone enjoyed the course and challenges of our first Coast Crusade. The DYA team had a super time plotting the checkpoints and creating challenges to test your strategy and skill!
We would like to say a huge thank you to our volunteers, in particular ‘Smurf’ and Isabella, Trudy, Dave, Sean, Paul, Sam, Emma, Kaz, Rob and Ron from RGD Property Group and Andy! Without them Coast Crusade would not exist!
We would also like to say a huge thank you to our generous sponsors – the Yacht Club Inc. (Mooloolaba), Sea FM, Mick’s Meat Barn, East Coast Traffic Services, The Paddle Shop, and to the local businesses who participated in the Urban Challenges, including Peter and Claire from Start Fitness and Training, Tash from Natasha K’s Nails and Beauty, Cycle Zone Mooloolaba, Gelatissimo, Andy from The Paddle Shop and Yoga Vida. These businesses were terrific to work with and helped to create the first Coast Crusade.
We look forward to an even bigger, better and perhaps dryer Coast Crusade for 2013. And we hope to see you all back for another adventure!